History and Formation
Inaugural Mission and Constitution of SKWIM International:
With the inauguration of this non-profit organization, 2009, we pledge to govern on behalf of our international community, this compelling, team, water-sport entitled SKWIM; brought forth for global participation; transcending age and ability; honoring historic and cultural traditions; utilizing the wellspring of life as its medium; while praying and working for the well-being of each player.
Encouraging both balance and perspective within sport, we strive to exercise the psychological, sociological, philosophical, and physiological in each person. We dedicate this endeavor to God, and work toward these prime resolutions:
- Encouraging SKWIM Spirit
- Coaching Eternal Citizenship
- Officiating Compassion in Competition
- Playing with Grace and Excellence
- Advancing Water Safety
- Promoting Water Fitness
- Stewarding Water Quality
- Celebrating the Precious Gift of Life.
Encouraging SKWIM Spirit
– team sport participation is available to all ages and abilities, with dynamic interaction of the full human spirit.
Promoting Water Fitness
– exercising human motion and becoming water-skilled through a fun and friendly social activity with dynamic interaction.
Advancing Water Safety
– playing an interactive sport in water increases swimming endurance and skill.
Playing with Grace and Excellence
– making advanced achievement appear beautiful. SKWIM is designed as a non-confrontational water sport; encouraging speed, skill development, and play-making.
Coaching Eternal Citizenship
– values of good sportsmanship, team spirit, and honoring both team members and opponents; has reaching and lasting impact. We all make history every day.
Officiating Compassion in Competition
- governing play so as to promote a sense of conscientiousness and concern for other’s wellbeing. Love of the game and love of your fellow player, is held at a higher worth than the score. A deep sense of importance toward the opponents well being, and the virtue of fair play.
Stewarding Water Quality
– being aware of the effect that industry, family life and recreation have on the environment and water. Contributing toward drinkable water for all people in the world.
Celebrating the Precious Gift of Life, in the Water
– keeping the perspective that sports is a celebration of the gift of our body, mind, and spirit, honoring the gift and the Giver.